December 09, 2009
A chemistry student in the Ukraine was found dead with his jaw blown off by what is believed to be exploding chewing gum, according to reports.
The 25-year-old's disfigured remains were discovered at his parent's home in the northern Ukrainian city of Konotop, reports in the Eastern European country said.
The young man, who studied at Kiev Polytechnic Institute, was working at a computer late on Saturday when the alleged explosion happened.
"A loud pop was heard from the student's room," the ukranews.com Web site said, citing an aide to the city's police chief.
"When his relatives entered the room, they saw that the lower part of the young man's face had been blown off."
Well, how the hell could that happen?
The student apparently had a bizarre habit of chewing gum after dipping it into citric acid, Russian news agency Ria Novosti said.
Officers found both citric acid packets and a similar-looking unidentified substance, believed to be some kind of explosive material, on a table near the body, the agency continued.
Investigators suspect that the student simply confused the packets and put gum covered with explosive material into his mouth.
Once again, I'm left wondering what percentage of stories that come out of Russia are true. 50%? 60%?
61 queries taking 0.0085 seconds, 131 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.