July 15, 2008
Karol has started a series of entries on her blog featuring people who have had to face the reality that their chosen candidate didn't make it.
- Karol explains her transition from "anybody but McCain" to McCain.
- Guest blogger Todd Seavy explains his switch from NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani to Bob Barr.
- A former Romney staffer follows his old boss' lead and supports Sen. John McCain.
- A Paulbot comes to grips with the fall of the rEVOLution, and embraces Bob Barr. (Barr's level of Jew-hatred isn't where it needs to be, but he's making peace with that. I keed, I keed.)
- A FredHead from SavetheGOP.com stumps for McCain.
My guy was Rudy Giuliani. I was with him from January 2007. It was in that month that I made my first ever donation to a political campaign. I briefly volunteered for his campaign in Virginia, before I had to move back to Kentucky in October. His campaign began crumbling shortly thereafter, I like to think it was because I was no longer working for him. I even kept the bumper sticker on my car until he officially bowed out after the Florida primary.
Right now I plan on voting for Sen. McCain in the fall. There are only two things that could change that. First, if McCain chooses to be a mavericky maverick and choose a maverick vice president like Gov. Charlie Crist or (God forbid) Sen. Joe Lieberman he loses my vote. Second to that would be a move to Washington, DC. Living in a city that votes 90% Democrat is freeing that way. I could vote for Bob Barr without feeling I was helping a Marxist like Obama get into office. (So if you are in a position to hire someone in DC, hint hint.)
I don't know about you all, but I'm ready for 2012.
62 queries taking 0.2437 seconds, 145 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.